Completed Engagements and Projects:
Provided audio support for November/December weddings (3 total) at Sierra Arden UCC. Introduced wireless FOH console for more precise control.
Electronic organ audio output troubleshooting at Bethany Presbyterian Church (Megan2Go)
Resolved issues related to peculiarities in the floating-ground line outputs provided by the electronic organ.
Jesus Seminar on the Road, Auburn, California 2017 Audio Suppport
Provided audio (PA) support for a three-day public lecture event in Auburn, California, including main speakers, floor wedge for lectern, wireless microphones, PC audio feed, and audio recording.
ICF mixer configuration and cabling (Megan2Go)
Providing audio consulting services as needed:
- Configure QSC Touchmix-30 Pro front of house and monitor mixes
- Recommend interconnect cabling, cable adapters, DI boxes, and other audio components
- Implement monitor mixes (replaces simple daisy-chaining of monitors from mains)
- Implement simplified DCA controls for layered mixing of music (guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals)
- Configure and troubleshoot Ethernet/Wi-Fi network interface for remote control
Replacement organ sound system for Bethany Presbyterian Church (Megan2Go)
- Design, specify, purchase, and install new active speakers and supporting components to replace a pair of aging/failing Allen Leslie organ speakers
- Order, deliver and install components
- Specify, pull and route new balanced audio cabling between organ console and speaker chambers.
- Mount new speakers within speaker chambers for best coverage and sound quality.
- Provide compact analog mixer for obtaining optimum blend of organ audio outputs while providing active unbalanced-to-balanced signal conversion to drive interconnects
- Provide studio monitor speaker for improved foldback to organist
Sierra Arden UCC audio-visual enhancements (2014 – 2017)
- Replaced an aging analog mixer in the sanctuary with a digital tablet-controlled mixer. Designed the system, specified, purchased, and installed components.
- Installed a campus Ethernet/Wi-Fi network to support wireless mixer control and Internet access for performing software upgrades and providing public guest access. Multiple VLANs provide security, along with Wi-Fi guest isolation.
- Designed a replacement audio system for the social hall, specified, purchased, and installed components, upgraded AC wiring with new power controls, and integrated the audio system with a new projection system.
- Added an overhead monitor (foldback) speaker system in the sanctuary, consisting of two forward-facing overhead speakers, one on each side, a power amplifier, and cabling. Designed system, specified and purchased components, pulled cables, installed amplifier, and supervised speaker installation.
Sound system migration and support for Unitarian Universalist Society of Sacrament (2014-2015)
UUSS operated from a temporary location during 2014-2015 while its main building was being remodeled. This work was completed on a volunteer basis in order to provide audio support at the new location that was comparable to what had been available previously.
- Planned sound system migration to temporary location (Sierra Arden UCC)
- Evaluated and tested existing equipment at temporary location
- Replaced existing mixer with UUSS’ mixer, relocating it from a wall-facing position in the balcony to a front-facing center balcony position
- Added fill speaker support using existing disused wall speakers in conjunction with UUSS amplifier
- Added secondary mixer at front of sanctuary to compensate for lack of lines running to the balcony when presenting special music
- Provided audio support and recording services during the remodeling period for both UUSS and the host congregation
- Removed UUSS equipment when remodeling was complete and their congregation returned to their new facilities. Work was phased with the Sierra Arden UCC A-V Enhancement project (above) so as to avoid any interruption in service to the host congregation.