(References are available for projects performed for other clients)
Provide audio-visual support for a three-day public lecture event in Auburn, California. (Megan2Go)
Current (Active) Projects:
Genealogical Proximity Database (Sql2Go)
A proof-of-concept exploration using SQL Server to identify proximities within genealogical data. Measures currently being employed include time (dates), location (geospatial information), and similar-sounding names. Future iterations may include genetic distance as well. If successful, this effort may evolve into a cloud-based online analytical service.
Electronic organ audio output troubleshooting at Bethany Presbyterian Church (Megan2Go)
Resolve issues related to peculiarities in the floating-ground line outputs provided by the electronic organ. While most professional electronic keyboards offering unbalanced line outputs can be connected directly to a pro-audio sound system, this one is presenting some special challenges.
ICF mixer configuration and cabling (Megan2Go)
Providing audio consulting services as needed:
- Configure QSC Touchmix-30 Pro front of house and monitor mixes
- Recommend interconnect cabling, cable adapters, DI boxes, and other audio components
- Implement monitor mixes (replaces simple daisy-chaining of monitors from mains)
- Implement simplified DCA controls for layered mixing of music (guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals)
- Configure and troubleshoot Ethernet/Wi-Fi network interface for remote control
Replacement organ sound system for Bethany Presbyterian Church (Megan2Go)
- Design, specify, purchase, and install new active speakers and supporting components to replace a pair of aging/failing Allen Leslie organ speakers
- Order, deliver and install components
- Specify, pull and route new balanced audio cabling between organ console and speaker chambers.
- Mount new speakers within speaker chambers for best coverage and sound quality.
- Provide compact analog mixer for obtaining optimum blend of organ audio outputs while providing active unbalanced-to-balanced signal conversion to drive interconnects
- Provide studio monitor speaker for improved foldback to organist
Sierra Arden UCC audio-visual enhancements (2014 – 2017)
- Replaced an aging analog mixer in the sanctuary with a digital tablet-controlled mixer. Designed the system, specified, purchased, and installed components.
- Installed a campus Ethernet/Wi-Fi network to support wireless mixer control and Internet access for performing software upgrades and providing public guest access. Multiple VLANs provide security, along with Wi-Fi guest isolation.
- Designed a replacement audio system for the social hall, specified, purchased, and installed components, upgraded AC wiring with new power controls, and integrated the audio system with a new projection system.
- Added an overhead monitor (foldback) speaker system in the sanctuary, consisting of two forward-facing overhead speakers, one on each side, a power amplifier, and cabling. Designed system, specified and purchased components, pulled cables, installed amplifier, and supervised speaker installation.
Sound system migration and support for Unitarian Universalist Society of Sacrament (2014-2015)
UUSS operated from a temporary location during 2014-2015 while its main building was being remodeled. This work was completed on a volunteer basis in order to provide audio support at the new location that was comparable to what had been available previously.
- Planned sound system migration to temporary location (Sierra Arden UCC)
- Evaluated and tested existing equipment at temporary location
- Replaced existing mixer with UUSS’ mixer, relocating it from a wall-facing position in the balcony to a front-facing center balcony position
- Added fill speaker support using existing disused wall speakers in conjunction with UUSS amplifier
- Added secondary mixer at front of sanctuary to compensate for lack of lines running to the balcony when presenting special music
- Provided audio support and recording services during the remodeling period for both UUSS and the host congregation
- Removed UUSS equipment when remodeling was complete and their congregation returned to their new facilities. Work was phased with the Sierra Arden UCC A-V Enhancement project (above) so as to avoid any interruption in service to the host congregation.