Update (2/26/17): It turns out that I did have uses for several of the GDAL 2.1 features, and there was a simple fix for the problem — switch to a different distribution. I tried the GIS Internals msi installer and everything worked the way it should.
I am developing a proof-of-concept for a genealogical database intended to support querying for various proximities including
- Generational relationships (traditional family tree)
- Proximity of events in time and space (geolocation)
- Genetic proximity (DNA matching via SNPs)
Moving to a new version of SQL Server is always interesting, and this version is proving to be no exception. It has been a lot of fun so far, and I hardly know where to start, but I will start with CLR assemblies. … Continue reading →