Update: It shipped! It shipped!! Less than four months late! That’s not too bad in this industry. There is an ongoing deployment-gone-wrong story involving SQL Server and about which I have heard nary a word on the SQL Server blogs. While it looks a lot like a classic, doomed-to-failure approach …Continue reading →
Pieces of my Experts Exchange badge (left column on the home page here) keep dropping off. Am I losing skills as I grow older? (Update: I must really be losing it. I misspelled “losing.” Fixed now.) (Update to update: I refreshed the badge script and the widget looks much better …Continue reading →
Update: I have much more to report about the project, but I have to make choices between writing about it and developing, and right now the development work is taking precedence. Look for a new post soon. I hope. If this work sounds like something you might want to contribute to financially …Continue reading →
Update (3/28/17): As a simple workaround, I added a string split UDF that does the same thing (only much more slowly). If I need to compile the DB project, I replace the intrinsic function with the UDF in the two places it is called. Otherwise I switch back to the …Continue reading →
Update (2/26/17): It turns out that I did have uses for several of the GDAL 2.1 features, and there was a simple fix for the problem — switch to a different distribution. I tried the GIS Internals msi installer and everything worked the way it should.
I am developing a proof-of-concept for a genealogical database intended to support querying for various proximities including Generational relationships (traditional family tree) Proximity of events in time and space (geolocation) Genetic proximity (DNA matching via SNPs)
Love this… This is nothing new but it’s still a fun idea. The problem: The vendor app we just purchased (and are told we must keep) requires the sa password. The vendor insists that sa is hard coded int… Source: SA Spoof | SQL Studies